Thursday, October 1, 2009

Shannon Hale: Book of A Thousand Days

My sister, along with many other readers, absolutely loves Shannon Hale. I recently read Austenland and very much enjoyed it, so I thought I would give some of her other works a try. I must admit, I think I'm hooked as well.

Book of a Thousand Days is geared toward a younger audience but it is still entertaining and enchanting. The simplicity of the story paired with the lovely characters make it one of my favorites. Plus, there's a love story - I am a girl, after all.

The novel is in the format of a journal written by a servant girl over the course of 1000 days, some of which she is locked in a tower with her mistress. I thought it would get slow after a while, but I never got bored. It only took me a couple of days to read, partly because of the level of reading, but also because I didn't want to put it down.

This book is why I love Young Adult fiction and will continue to read it for many years to come.

No comments: