Thursday, December 4, 2008

New Site: Questia.com

I was updating my GoodReads account today and saw a little ad on the right side for a site called Questia.com. It advertised full-text books, journals, and articles online and I figured I'd check it out. I discovered that they do indeed have full-text books, journals, and articles, but they are subscription based site. So I was about to abandon my new discovery when I saw a little link at the bottom right corner of the web page: "Free books." Yes! Just what I was looking for.

They have some of the classics available for free and the best part is that they aren't even 'checked out' when people are viewing them like with the library's downloadable content. And you don't have to download and install any software because it's all online. So now I am reading Great Expectations by Dickens online. Take a look and let me know what you think. I'm sure there are some drawbacks, but it's free, after all.

No comments: