Sunday, November 30, 2008

The End of November and NaNoWriMo

We've come to the end of another month and another NanoWrimo. I did not commit as I should have to Nano this year and the result is that I didn't make it to my goal. I didn't think it would really bother me, but as the 30th draws to a close and another novel writing frenzy of a month with it, I'm feeling a little disappointed in myself. Last year was so much fun when I reached that mark! And now that I've lost again, I don't ever want to feel this way again about my writing. But I do have to remind myself that my time was spent doing other good things this month when I wasn't writing. Plus, I did over 20K, which I wasn't sure I would even get to. And now I have the motivation for the future. Not to mention, I'm back in the writing habit, which I've been out of for a few months, so that's a good result. So maybe it wasn't a total failure.

Congrats to all of you who did cross that 50K finish line - I'm jealous. But I'll be joining you next year, I promise.

Meanwhile Happy Thanksgiving... a few days ago... I had a full day of cooking, baking, feeding, and eating. This was the first year that I did the whole dinner by myself and I have to say that while it was a TON of work, it was also really fun. Hard work does pay off in the end when family and friends appreciate and compliment your end product. And now into the Christmas season!

No comments: