Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nano Updated

It's the 13th and I'm supposed to be at 21,671 words by the end of today. I'm at 6771 words at this moment... stress much?! But I'm not too worried - I had a little bit of a late start because my husband had a week off from school and was a huge distraction, but now he's back in the grind I can get down to business. I've been doing about 1,000 words a day every day this week, so it could be worse.


My story so far has taken some wild twists and turns. Not so much strange as far as the story goes, just not what I had in mind at all. I'm going with the flow right now but I am continually surprised by new characters that pop up and entirely new plot lines. I find myself thinking about my characters and what they'll do next while I'm getting ready in the morning, while I'm driving, and during lunch. I guess that's a good sign that my mind is working on it so hopefully something great will come of all the hard work. Hopefully 50,000 words worth of greatness.


Whatever happens, I am so glad to be writing again. I gives me something to work at, something that uses my brain and imagination, and it will hopefully be an awesome accomplishment, too.

How about you fellow Nano-ers out there - how is it coming along?

No comments: