Saturday, November 24, 2007

Writing Vacation

This weekend has been great for my Nano project. We are still here in Tennessee and we've had a great time hanging out with our friends. However, they're all guys so it has been a holiday filled with lots of football. I'm not complaining - I love a good football game. But I've made a lot of time to write and my word count has really shot up. It feels so good to be so close to my goal and know that I really can reach 50,000 words. I've been writing with the game on in the background so I haven't written as much as I could have but I still feel good about what I've done.

Not only is my word count up but my characters are filling out really well and the plot is moving at a good pace and some interesting twists have arisen, too. I think I have plenty of material to make it through to the end which I had worried about before. Now I think I might not be able to wrap it up in just another 7,000 words but that's fine. The best part of all this is that I've seen an idea really come to life and I think that it has some potential despite all the flaws and inconsistencies it has right now. How exciting!!

How are you doing? Are you going to finish on time?

No comments: