Friday, November 9, 2007

New Stephen King Movie

My Sophomore year of college I drove home with some friends for Thanksgiving. It was a lovely vacation until we heard the weather report - a huge snowstorm was coming in the day we had planned on heading back to school. We decided to leave a little earlier to avoid the storm, but it caught up to us at the worst possible time: around midnight in the Rocky Mountains. It was one of the worst storms I've seen and definitely the worst I, personally, have driven through. I got the late shift from 1am to 3am and had to drive through the worst of the curvy road. The snow was everywhere and I couldn't see hardly anything. It was terrifying because I didn't know what was around the next bend.

Fear of the unknown often drives us to do drastic things. This human trait is explored in The Mist by Stephen King, a movie coming out in a couple of weeks. I'm not normally a big horror film kind of girl, but this one raises the questions of what we should fear - the unknown or the people around us. Go to TheMist-Movie.com to find out more about the plot and view the movie trailer.

No comments: