Friday, October 12, 2007

Nano Update

Well, we're a week closer and I am that much more excited. I've been visiting the forum, especially the one for my region. It looks like I'm going to have a lot of activities and write-ins to attend. I didn't get out and socialize with the Nano crew last year, so I'm really looking forward to it this year. The forums are so fun, but because there are so many threads and so many people participating it can be a little overwhelming. But it's a great space to get and give ideas.

I was reading a thread on fantasy cliches and I had a couple really good ideas for my Nano project. I don't know if that's good or not, that they came from a list of cliches, but at least I'm getting together a good plan.

My novel this year is based on a scene where a dragon died and had to bestow all his knowledge on a human. This human then becomes a were-dragon because of the power he gains from all the wisdom he inherited. I've been planning for months but for some reason I've shied away from actually writing the story. I know that Nano will get me past any hesitation so I can get it all out on paper. That's what NanoWrimo is all about.

If you haven't already, come see what November holds for you at NanoWrimo.org.

2 comments:

Sya said...

That sounds like an interesting idea. And there's one good thing about all the planning--you at least have an outline of the plot so you don't have to worry about what to write next!

Cate Gardner said...

Good look with your NaNo project - I'm still in the deciding what to go with stage.