Thursday, May 24, 2007

George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

I actually finished this book last week but I had other things I wanted to post about first. This is the sequel to A Game of Thrones, the second in a series of six called A Song of Ice and Fire.

Like the first book, I found A Clash of Kings intriguing and brilliantly written. Since I was already into the story and familiar with the characters, I had no problem jumping right in. Once again, I found myself drawn into the characters' feelings to the point that if affected my mood, so I picked up another book to read at the same time in order to even myself out. But I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and the plot development. Martin is weaving an interesting web and I am excited to see what happens.

Since this is an adult book, I expected some language and violence. However, this book had a bit more than the first and it distracted me a little from the story. So, be forewarned that this is a series for the mature reader.

Overall, I found A Clash of Kings a worthy installment in the series. I am definitely looking forward to starting the third book, which is on my shelf at this very moment, calling to me.

Conclusion: Continue the series. Martin is well worth the read.

No comments: