Monday, April 5, 2010

Life Distracting

Well! Where have I been!?

I'll tell you... life sort of got in the way of life. I do event planning, among other things, for my job and I had a huge event last weekend. It was a big deal and ridiculously stressful to the point that I was completely engrossed for two weeks straight. I thought about it all day at work, worried about it all evening at home, dreamed about it a night, woke up nervous in the middle of the night, then started worrying all over again. I am pleased to report that it went really well and all my superiors were happy with the results. I'm just glad it's all over. And I'm happy it went well.

So then it took me an entire week to feel like myself again. Now it's been three weeks that I haven't hardly thought about my novel. I was good in some ways. I emailed it to some trusted readers so they had time to read it without me pestering for feedback. I also had a great break from it all so I can come back with fresh eyes. The problem, however, is that I'm having a difficult time getting back into the swing of things.

I have decided to start today. I am posting here for the first time in a while, besides my Monday quotes, and I'm going to pull out my manuscript again.

Gotta start somewhere, right?

No comments: