Friday, March 12, 2010

Shannon Hale: River Secrets

After I finished listening to Enna Burning I went to the library and checked out the next book in the series, River Secrets. I read this book over a weekend and as much as I love getting into a good book like that, it was sort of a whirlwind.

I was happy to see the return of some of my favorite characters, Isi, Enna, Finn, and Razo, of course, who is the center of this book. Razo was one of the best characters from the first two books so I'm glad he got his own in the third.

This one was much easier to get through than Enna Burning and a very enjoyable read. Although it focused on Razo's character and his development, the other characters moved forward, as well. I like that Enna and Finn got to come along for the journey so we could see more of their relationship.

In the end, I'm happy with this series and look forward to reading the fourth and final book.

No comments: