Friday, March 5, 2010

Shannon Hale: Enna Burning (Audiobook)

I read Shannon Hale's Goose Girl, the first book of the Bayern series, in a couple of days. This one took me a little longer. The hard copies were all checked out at the library but I was able to download the audio book. I don't listen to books very often but I've had good experiences in the past so I thought it would be fine. I wish I would have waited for the book, though. The cast of voices was not my favorite and they were very distracting.

The story was entertaining, though. Many of the same characters made an appearance in the second book but the story was told from Enna's point of view this time rather than Isi. I liked the conflict and the challenges that Enna had to overcome in discovering her own powers and how to survive using them. I also enjoyed the aspect of friendship in the book and the part it played in Enna's character development.

I am enjoying the Books of Bayern very much and will be posting my response to the third book River Secrets soon.

What did you think of this series? Your thoughts on Shannon Hale? Any recommendations?

No comments: