Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Shannon Hale: The Goose Girl

I've been meaning to read this book for a long time but apparently a lot of other people have the same idea and I can't seem to get it reserved at the library. When my sister heard this she gave me a copy while I was up in Utah last weekend. I finally got to read it on the road trip home and it made for a really quick trip.

Shannon Hale's style is simply beautiful. I read Austenland last year and I loved her style because it is easy to read but still engaging and entertaining. Her characters are fun and although her stories are simple they are great for that very reason.

There is only one thing that I might complain about. The end was totally predictable. However, I don't complain about this much because I wouldn't have wanted it to end any other way.

The Goose Girl was a wonderful read and I'm looking forward to continuing the series. Although this book is usually classified as young adult or middle school but I encourage all my adult friends to read it as well.

Have you read anything by Shannon Hale? What did you think of The Goose Girl?

No comments: