Thursday, July 16, 2009

'I'm Writing' Reactions

I know I have to get over this, but I am almost embarrassed when I tell people that I want to be a writer and that I'm working on this or that project. Whether they're being nice or they're really interested, they always ask what I'm writing. I turn red and shrug. Sometimes they shrug themselves and drop it but either way the conversation doesn't last long and it hardly ever comes up again. So here are some links to help give us all a little encouragement in such situations.

A post from The Creative Penn on how to take and deal with those reactions.

5 things we can say to ourselves to bolster our confidence and motivation. Keep the writing faith, ya'll! This from TopicTurtle.com.

Everyone has creativity they want to express. Be comfortable in your need to write and pinpoint the creative process here at publetariat.com

Explain to those who doubt you (even if this includes yourself) why it's a good time to write. Thanks to EditorUnleashed.com for that one.

Feel better yet?

No comments: