Wednesday, June 3, 2009

David Allison Quote

So I guess what I’m saying is – don’t worry about what you’re trying to say. Worry about the ideas, worry about your characters. Make your ideas bold and brave. Ensure your characters are real, live people not a mere mouthpiece for your opinions. The rest will follow, because it’s being written by you, and only you believe what you believe; only you look at the world through your eyes. And only you can say what you want to say. That’s why you became a writer, right?

David Allison did a guest post over at a blog I've recently discovered (thanks Strictly Writing). I rather liked his closing bit, but the whole post was rather good - see it here.

Actually, I've been discovering a lot of blogs lately, mostly through Twitter. So I will do some crazy referrals coming up soon.

No comments: