Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ursula K. Le Guin

I read the Earthsea series last year and was impressed with Le Guin's artistry. As I've said earlier, we're moving in a few months and in an effort to reduce the amount of stuff we have we're trying to cut down on our library. I had a book of short stories by Ursula Le Guin called The Wind's Twelve Quarters that was put in the 'to be decided' pile. I'm happy to say it has been decided - I'm keeping it for further enjoyment. And Ursula Le Guin is now among my favorite authors. I love her imagery and the magic of her stories. I definitely need to read more of her work.

Your thoughts on Le Guin or her Earthsea books?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got the Earthsea trilogy as part of a set of fantasy books a few years ago. It sat on a shelf for a long time until last summer when I ran out of other books to read. A friend of mine had mentioned it so I decided to give it a read.

I was quite impressed. For such a short story (compared to Jordan and others) it was really well written and you got a good feel of the characters.

I would recommend it as well. And also would have picked it as one to keep. :o)