Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

So I finally saw the most recent Harry Potter movie and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. This might be because it has been a long time since I read the book and I only read it once so I don't remember many details. Since it has been so long I was able to enjoy the movie as it's own work even though I knew the general plot and the ending.

I must say the special effects were really entertaining, especially during the battle scenes. I liked the whole Ministry of Magic and the way they portrayed the new characters. I wish they had showed more of Tonks because she's such a great character in the book. And I always wish that Fred and George got more screen time because they are some of my favorites. Umbridge was delightfully awful - that little giggle was classic. I was a little distracted with Gwap the giant being so obviously computer generated, but I've learned to accept that in my fantasy movies.

Overall I was pleased with the movie. But then again, I'm not very hard to please when it comes to films...

No comments: