Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mitch Albom: For One More Day

I probably wouldn't have read this book on my own, although I did really like Tuesdays With Morrie. But this was the book chosen for my local book club, and I like to be able to participate.

It was a quick read and definitely a tear jerker. The story follows the main character through a day he gets to spend with his deceased mother. The book explores topics such as regrets, depression, hope, forgiveness and understanding. I think that his other book was better, but this was also an inspiring story. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so because it's been made into a movie. I haven't seen it so I can't personally recommend it, but I can recommend the book. It will only take you a couple of hours to read and it might make you think about how you live your life and how you treat the people who mean the most to you. What if you were to lose them tomorrow? How would your actions change today?

No comments: