Monday, January 21, 2008

David and Leigh Eddings: The Elder Gods

I was at the library recently browsing for a new book to read. Usually I request my books from the library in advance because I don't have much luck just finding something. But I didn't have anything requested after the holidays so I was wandering without a direction and just looking for a book by a familiar author.

I haven't read anything by David Eddings before, but I've heard the name and several people have recommended him as a good fantasy author. So I looked to see what they had on the shelf. There were a couple of books from his other series, but they were second and third volumes, so I picked up this one which is the first of "The Dreamers" series.

Although the book was not very complicated or deep, it was definitely entertaining and enjoyable. The characters were fun and I am going to continue reading the series to the end. If you're looking for a fun fantasy read, this is a good one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What if you're not looking for a good fantasy read...?