Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Another Goal Accomplished

As I've written about before, I have been working on a novel since November. I am one of those people who prefers to write long-hand instead of typing on the computer, so my 50K word novel needed to by typed up before I could start editing. Since I didn't have the pressure that I did when I wrote it for NanoWrimo, it took me almost twice as long to type it up than it did to actually write it - which strikes me as kind of funny. That aside, I was able to smooth out some rough parts and work out some inconsistencies while I typed, so I now have a first draft. It's another marker on the way to completing this project and I'm feeling rather satisfied with how it is coming so far. I emailed it to my sisters and one of them read it in one night - that means it has potential which is very encouraging. We talked about it over the phone last night and she gave me some great ideas for character development and plot twists. I'm excited to see where it all goes.

Now, on to the editing!

No comments: