Saturday, December 1, 2007

Official Nano End

Today is December 1st and officially the end of NanoWrimo 2007. I am sad it's over but I'm so happy that I reached my goal of 50,000 words. I'm even rather impressed with how my novel turned out and I think there is definitely some potential there. I'm excited to jump into editing and see what I can do with my characters and the story.

Last year I learned the importance of pushing myself. This year I learned what I can do - I really can write that many words in a month's time. And have something to be proud of at the end. I also learned that, for me, it's important to write every day so I stay 'in shape' with my writing. I think I may have missed one day because we were driving home from Thanksgiving but other than that I wrote something every day this month. I've seen how it effects my day - I'm happier knowing that I have accomplished something on my writing project. My husband noticed, too, and he's been very supportive this month. He's the one pushing me to consider actually publishing and I love him for his enthusiasm and encouragement. There were a lot of times that he would ask how many words I'd written and push me to go write more.

What a great month! I just wish I didn't have to wait another year for the next NanoWrimo.

No comments: