Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Orson Scott Card: Red Prophet

This is the second book in the Tales of Alvin Maker series and the sequel to Seventh Son. I was intrigued by the first book so I continued to the second one and I was not disappointed.

Like the first book, it took me a chapter or two to really get drawn in. Red Prophet starts by following the character Lolla-Wossiky and the story overlaps a little with the events in Seventh Son. Then the story moves on to describe a war between the White and Red people living in this alternate early America.

I like where this is heading. I'm enjoying Alvin's journey as he learns what he can do with his 'knack' and how he learns to use it for the benefit of all man. I like that the characters are real in the sense that they have good and bad aspects.

I've actually already started on the third book, Prentice Alvin and I will be sure to write my thoughts on the book. So far, I would recommend this series to anyone. There are some slightly mature comments, but not really any language.

No comments: