Monday, October 8, 2007

Neil Gaiman: Stardust (Audiobook)

Today I finished listening to Neil Gaiman's Stardust on CD audiobook. This is the first time since I was a child that I listened to a book on tape or CD. Juberry has taken advantage of this resource several times and recommended that I try listening to books. I have to say that it was rather enjoyable.

I think I made a fantastic choice with Stardust because Neil Gaiman himself did the reading. He was so fun to listen to and I absolutely fell in love with the book. I wanted to read it before I saw the movie that just came out, but the library had hundreds of holds on on the paper copies. So, I decided to try the CD. I'm not sorry I did.

First off, I highly recommend Stardust because it is a lovely and enjoyable story written beautifully. Second, don't shy away from the audiobooks - they're a great alternative to a tangible book. I was able to copy it to my MP3 player and that was much easier to carry with me than even a small paperback. And I was able to listen while I did other mindless chores.

I suggest you try listening to your next book and see how you like it.

No comments: