Thursday, October 25, 2007

Black Friday Shopping

Well, with Thanksgiving coming up in a few weeks I know we're all thinking about how Christmas is after that. I started making a list of presents for my family today although I haven't actually done any shopping. The list is mostly books, probably because that's what I want this year.

Traditionally the day after Thanksgiving is known as Black Friday because that's when everyone runs out to start shopping for the next holiday. Merchants have jumped on board and now offer discounts and promotions to kick off the Christmas season. I'm sure in the next couple of weeks you'll see plenty of thanksgiving ads for the day after. Usually I don't do my shopping on Black Friday because I'm still trying to digest all the good Thanksgiving food. But I think I might do some preliminary Christmas shopping on Black Friday this year. Here's a thought I had - shop online. In this age of instant information it only makes sense to skip the long lines and busy stores to stay in and do your shopping from the comfort of your own home.

Check out Black-Friday.net, a site created specifically for the day after Thanksgiving. I know I'm going to be using Amazon a lot this year for presents and they have a good Amazon ad.

This is a paid post.

No comments: