Thursday, August 23, 2007

National Novel Writing Month

NanoWrimo is coming up in November and I can't wait. Juberry told me about NanoWrimo.org last year and we both tried it out. The whole idea is to write a novel (50,000 words) in a month. Thousands of people across the world have come together at NanoWrimo.org to work toward this common goal in the month of November. The program follows the plan outlined in No Plot? No Problem! by Chris Baty and encourages writers to put aside the inner editor and just write the story.

I didn't get anywhere near 50,000 words last year, but it was still an amazing experience for me. I was able to finally finish a project for the first time, which was my real goal. The website offers tracking tools and a community of support and encouragement. The forums are a great place to network with other writers and readers as well as vent frustration or celebrate success.

Check out this site, register for a free account, visit the forums, and start planning for NanoWrimo 2008!

No comments: