Monday, June 25, 2007

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

So for all my talk about getting things done this weekend, I didn't work on my novel at all. But I don't feel bad because my sisters are in town. Juberry and I made these cookies yesterday and they're fantastic.

1/2 C butter
1/2 C shortening
3/4 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
Chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl combine softened butter with shortening, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat in egg. Gradually add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.

3. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 8-10 minutes.

These are the best soft chocolate chip cookies I've found. Let us know how they turn out for you!

No comments: