Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Building a Palace

I started a new project yesterday and had so much fun! Usually I have to gently coax myself into starting something totally new because a blank page can be so intimidating. Not this time.

I've had this scene bouncing around in my head for a while and I finally sat down and wrote about it. From there the ideas just kept flowing. I covered pages with notes, thoughts, and descriptions about how I could elaborate and build a story around this one scene. It's really sketchy, but that's okay because at least I've started. With these ideas as a foundation I can build up a grand palace of a novel. I'm looking forward to the end result. I have an idea of the frame - characters and general plot - but I won't know what it will actually be until it's completed. It might not even turn out to be a palace. But I'm excited to do the construction.

Why don't you coax your muse out of hiding and start planning a novel today.

No comments: