Saturday, May 26, 2007

'Stranger Than Fiction'

My husband and I rented this movie a couple weeks ago thinking it would be jsut another Will Farrell flick. I was pleasantly surprised.

The premise of the plot is a man who starts hearing a voice narrate his life and predict his death. Emma Thompson plays the narrator/writer who in the end determines her main character's fate.

Although there are the occasional funny parts, this film was thought-provoking as well as entertaining. It was an interesting role for Ferrell and very different from his normal wacky comedy, but I thought he did very well. Emma Thompson, of course, was fantastic. I just love her.

My husband was not as excited about this movie as I was, however. He found it confusing and I think he was a little disappointed that it turned out to be more serious than some of Ferrell's previous work. I don't know that I'll be able to get him to watch it with me again anytime soon, but he said it was okay in the end.

I recommend you see Stranger Than Fiction for a fun and interesting movie.

No comments: