Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Where

The loveseat, although well-used and old, is by far the most comfortable seat in our house. The brown, beige, and orange stripes are less than inspiring, so I have covered them with a comforter of relaxing greens and blues. Two sea-green sequined pillows adorn the corners and a purple blanket lies folded across the back. A teal scarf with fringe on the ends falls atop the blanket where it was tossed after the last time I used it. The couch resides in a corner of my home office with a cardboard box at its side. I have covered the box with fabric to match the comforter and it now hosts my mug, notebooks, books, candles, and various pens. Propped against the wall is a lovely picture of a flower shop on a cobblestone street where I think I would like to have a bookshop one day. This old couch and dressed up box form my haven. This is where I let my imagination run free. This is where I agonize over the perfect words for a scene I am working on and also where I bask in the worlds and characters others have created. This is where I have my Book ‘n’ a Mug.

Where do you have yours?

No comments: