Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Inspire the Imagination

About a month ago my husband and I visited the National Air and Space Museum in Chantilly, Virginia. They have a beautiful facility and it was extremely busy, probably because it was also a holiday weekend. But the hangars are so spacious I didn't feel crowded at all.

The first thing you notice when you enter is the SR-71 Blackbird. It's sleek, black, and impressive. You can tell right away that it's something awesome. The fastest jet in the world travelling at 2124 miles an hour. Just cool.

They have some other really fun stuff on display. They have the space shuttle Enterprise, one of the Concords, various other planes of historical significance, and lots of missiles and rockets. We spent 4 hours there and I can't wait to go back for more.

I walked away with my imagination effectively sparked. And I was ready to sign up for flying lessons.

The point is, your imagination needs nourishment. Your mind, like other parts of your body, needs food and exercise. Your imagination should have a chance to soak in some things from the real world. So, get out and have some fun!

No comments: