Monday, September 28, 2009

Clive Cussler: Corsair

I really like Cussler's Oregon files series. Corsair is the most recent installment and I enjoyed it just as much as I did the others that came before. The twists are fun, if somewhat expected, and the characters are just as entertaining. Juan Cabrillo is one of my favorite protagonists and the Oregon is also one of my favorite characters, despite the fact that it's a ship. I love these types of secret operation plots.

One of the things that Cussler always does well, and that I am beginning to appreciate more and more, is the villain. In trying to write villains for my own stories I realize how difficult it is to write a character that is smart and evil at the same time.

If you're looking for a good fast action read, Cussler will never disappoint!

No comments: