Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Clive Cussler: The Chase

It has been a while since I read Cussler but I was definitely in the mood. Sometimes I just need a good action page-turner and Cussler never disappoints on that front.

The Chase is different from Cussler's other books because he introduces new main characters instead of writing a Dirk Pitt, Kurt Austin, or Oregon Files installment. (Oregon Files is probably my favorite, by the way.) But these new characters are everything we could want in a good adventure. The villains are frightfully cold and the heroes are dashing and larger than life. Plus there's some good mystery and, of course, an awesome chase. And a little bit of a love story. With a dash of history. Makes for a good recipe, I'd say.

As I've come to expect with these books, there isn't much character development since so much is focused on the plot. But it's a great plot that plows right ahead and keeps me interested. A light, fun, and fast-pace read it just what I like during the summer when it's so hot you don't feel like doing anything. You'll want to read this one, though.

Enjoy!

No comments: