Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Get Motivated!

So my post last week about feeling very unmotivated was kind of fun but not productive. And I didn't get any better the rest of the week. But this week I've been feeling the writing urge. I keep wanting to write something but haven't made the time to sit down and actually get it out. I think it's time for some serious motivation! I find that I always get excited about writing when I read about how others are doing it and they're words of advice. I've listed some links below to other articles and blog posts that got my heart racing. Hopefully something here will inspire you or at least light a fire hot enough to burn bright until you can get something out on paper/word processor.

Great post at ZenHabits.net about creativity that helped me feel confident and motivated. This is good not only for writing but any other creative endeavor you might be considering.

I tracked this one down to the original post because I thought it was quite good. Some tips from author C.M. Mayo via Work in Progress blog. Mayo gives 12 tips on how to hang in there and finish a novel and some are very helpful in getting started, too.

And sometimes the best way to start writing is just to start writing... deep, huh? But really, I have found that the best way to shake the dust off is to not try and write the next best-seller but to get the muscles working again. Give some of these a try and see if some inspiration hits.

Let me know if any of this is helpful and I'll post tomorrow about what I write today.

No comments: