Thursday, September 11, 2008

Seven Years

I was in my Italian college class seven years ago on this day when tragedy struck. I don't remember much about that day except a feeling of sadness and confusion. It wasn't until a couple days later that it became clear to me just how the world would be affected by the events of September 11.

So many people are saying that we shouldn't forget what happened that day and the people who lost their lives. I agree but it seems to me that we never will forget what happened. All these years later we're still dealing with the repercussions of that day. I think it will be a long time before people can look back on this with any sort of perspective and see what we learned from that day. It was horrible and such an event should not be forgotten, but I feel like we haven't gotten past it in a lot of ways either.

I can't believe its been seven years - it still feels so recent.

No comments: