Tuesday, September 16, 2008

NaNoWriMo: Planning to Plan Stage

So I have been exploring the Nano forums again and I just love the community there. I've been getting more and more excited but I'm having trouble nailing down a good idea to go with for this year. I really should have started sooner...

I have a couple one-sentence ideas I've written down but none of them grip me the way my project last year did. Of course, I had more time to be gripped last year. This year I'm still trying to get settled in a new city, working 2 jobs, and trying to support my husband in his graduate studies. November will be almost a relief when I can closet myself to work on my novel.

Even just writing that - 'my novel' - gives me chills! If only I can get something churning in my brain. So far I've got unicorns, dragons, and maybe some time travel. Leaves a lot to work on, huh? But I guess that's what it's all about!

Luckily I've still got a month and a half...

No comments: