Friday, September 19, 2008

Argggh Matey!

Today be International Talk Like a Pirate Day matey!

Okay, I'm not really going to keep typing in pirate-ish but this has got to be one of the coolest days people have found to celebrate. And it's becoming pretty widespread, too. There are a couple of events going on tonight in Phoenix for all those who want to dress up like a pirate and drink a lot of rum.

I wasn't planning on doing anything big, but now I think I want to have friends over and watch some swash-buckling movies to celebrate. The problem I'm having is I don't know what food to have. What food is normal enough but also associated with pirates? Besides rum, beer, grog, etc. Maybe watching Pirates of the Caribbean will have to suffice.

Got any plans? If you didn't know before, you should mark your calendar for next year.

No comments: