Friday, March 21, 2008

Back to the Editing

So I've taken a bit of a sabbatical from my novel the last little while. It's hard to get back to work on something that I've set aside for so long, especially when it's just editing and I don't have the momentum of the story to keep me going. But I finally decided it was time to stop procrastinating and get to work. I sat down and worked on a couple of little things that need to be altered and added. I made up more names and sketched out some new scenes. And I had some hot chocolate, of course. I didn't get very much done in the half hour I set aside for myself, but the most important thing I accomplished, I believe, is that I brought my imagination and mind back to the project. If I can make myself work on it again today and tomorrow I think I can revive the inspiration and the excitement. And besides, I like editing... I just forget it sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting this thing written. I am such a terrible writer that I can't imagine trying to do something like this.

Keep at it, I'm sure you will do great!