Monday, November 5, 2007

Orson Scott Card: Heartfire, Crystal City

I loved this book - it was one of the best in this series. We continue to follow Alvin Maker as he discovers who he is and what his purpose as Maker is. Several new characters are introduced and a new conflict as well and I thought it was done really well. And, of course, all our favorite characters are back for more. Keeping reading this series - it is well written and keeps getting better.



Crystal City is the 6th book in the series so far and although it comes close to wrapping everything up it is not the conclusion of Alvin's journey. I found great satisfaction in following Alvin as he comes to some conclusions about himself and his life's purpose. I'm not sure when the next book is supposed to be released in this series, but I'm happy with this ending. I really liked the tension between Alvin and Calvin and how it's sort of resolved but not totally.

I liked this series because it was a quick read and a unique setting. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

No comments: